Do you want to help shelter animals have a little joy this holiday season?
The Santa Paws Drive wants to make sure that shelter cats and dogs "get the love, attention and gifts that other pets are lucky enough to get" for the holidays. SantaPawsDrive.com is the first-ever "virtual toy drive" to help fulfill this goal.
You can donate cash or toys/treats for cats and dogs all from the comfort of your couch. Santa Paws Drive has a selection of treats and toys you can choose from, so you don't have to go shopping. What could be easier! The deadline for cash donations is December 20th and the last days for toys is December 10th, so that the volunteers can pack the boxes and ship them in time for the holidays.
The Santa Paws Drive is supporting 6 no-kill shelters, world-wide:
- Animal Rescue League, Laurel, Mississippi: one of very few no-kill shelters in this state
- Big Dog Ranch Rescue, West Palm Beach, Florida: dedicated to saving large breed dogs in need of help
- Harmony House for Cats, Chicago, Illinois: unique haven for cats with three floors to romp around
- Southern Ontario Animal Rescue, Ontario, Canada: rescues every single dog that it is able to
- K9 Tenerife, Adeje, Tenerife (coast of Africa): this completely volunteer-run organization helps neglected animals on the island
- Chestnut Cat Sanctuary, Essex, United Kingdom: helps needy cats
"My hope is that, though this Santa Paws Drive project," said Wagner, "we can bring many less fortunate dogs and cats some special joy, so they can feel the love they all deserve to feel this holiday season."Wagner reached out to her animal friends around the world to help these sometimes forgotten cats and dogs. These "elves" include:
(Get your own widget for your blog or site)
Hear's to the many shelter cats and dogs helped by your generosity this season.